Trade in Global Value Chains Initiative, (TGVCI) Project Managed by Real Impact
Posted By:Patrick Mathenge
Published:November 11, 2014
The aim of this project is to;
- Demonstrate a range of intensive crop and animal production technologies that could be adopted by workers on their home shambas, (vegetable gardens).
- Provide learning opportunities and technical information on these technologies to support roll-out to the regions where VP farm workers live.
- Improve the awareness of farm workers to the health benefits of growing and eating a wider range of fruits and vegetables
- Identify mutually beneficial opportunities for VP Group to grow the vegetables for the on-farm staff canteens and encourage workers to enjoy eating a more diverse range of fruits and vegetables
- Consider whether roll out of this information to the small-scale farmer network will consolidate their supplier relationships with outgrowers in the medium to long term.
The project was initiated at the beginning of the year. See the photos to see how the project has developed so far.