Zero-Grazing Dairy Cows, Hydroponic Fodder and Biogas Production (1 day)
Dairy cows are usually left to graze in grassland pasture or fodder is cut and carried for long distances. This is a very inefficient use of land, water and energy. A zero-grazing unit linked to a hydroponic fodder unit can aid these issues.
- Basic design and management of a zero grazing unit
- Animal health and welfare
- Basic design and management of a hydroponic fodder unit
- Animal feeding programmes
- Comparison of various types of biogas digesters and their management
- Livelihoods and business planning
Kshs. 2,000 per person per day, including lunch and tea. 15% discount for groups of 10-19. 25% discount for groups of 20 people. Maximum capacity is 20 people per group.
Terms and conditions
- Course fees must be paid in advance
- Course fees do not include accommodation or transport. Please contact Edward who can provide details for you to make your own reservations.
- Training takes place at the Real Impact training centre using our Demonstration Farm
- A Certificate of Attendance is awarded to trainees at the end of the course.
To book please call Charles on +254 (0)723 407058 or email: email@example.com. For MPESA payments use our business number: 923300 and account number: 2014200004.